SEOUL NATIONAL UNIVERSITY
검색창 닫기
  The College and Departments Institutes
1940s
1946 Seoul National University (SNU) incorporated Dept of Law and Dept of Science and eng_1ineering into the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.  
Dept of Political Science, Sociology, and Psychology were established.  
Former Kyungseong Economic College was reorganized as the College of Commerce. Also, Dept of Economics and Dept of Business were established.  
In addition to the undergraduate program, Dept of Sociology and Dept of Political Science installed its master’s programs.  
1950s
1950 Dept of Psychology started its master’s program.  
1956 Twenty students from the Dept of Political Science enrolled to the International Relations Program.  
1958 Dept of Geography was established in the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences.  
Dept of Social Work installed its master’s program.  
1959 International Relations Program became the Dept of International Relations.  
The undergraduate program in Social Work was established.  
Dept of Geography started to offer its master’s program.  
Dept of Trade was launched at the College of Commerce.  
1960s
1960 Dept of International Relations launched its graduate program  
1961 Dept of Archeology and Anthropology was established. Korean Economics Institute wasestablished.
1962   Institute of Student Life was established.
1963 Dept of Sociology organized its Ph.D. program. Graduate School of Social Work was established. Institute of Mass Communication was established.
1965 Dept of Psychology installed its Ph.D. program. Dept of Trade started to offer its master’s program. The Population Studies Center (PSC) was founded.
1966   The PSC was renamed as the Population and Development Studies Center (PDSC).
1967 Graduate School of Mass Communication was formed. Institute of Mass Communication changed its position as an affiliated research center of the Graduate School of Mass Communication.
1968 The graduate program in Archeology and Anthropology was established.  
1969 The Graduate School of Mass Communications started to offer its master’s and Ph.D. program.  
1970s
1972   Center for International Studies, affiliatedto the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences, was established.
1973 Master’s program in Anthropology was founded  
1975 The College of Social Sciences (CSS) was reorganized. The College comprised of 10 departments including Political Science, International Relations, Economics,Trade, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Geography, Social Work, and Mass Communication. The Institute of Korean Economics was closed. In place, the Institute of Economic Research was established as a research institute directly supervised by the University.
- The CSS was established. The affiliation of the Center for International Studies moved from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciencesto the CSS.
- Dept of Economics and Dept of Trade, which was originally under the College of Commerce, were incorporated into the CSS.  
- Dept of Anthropology separated from the Dept of Archeology and was incorporated into the CSS.  
- The Graduate School of Mass Communication and Mass Communication program in the Sociology department merged and became the Dept of Mass Communication  
- The CSS moved from Dongsoongdong campus to Kwanak campus.  
1976 Dept of Social Work and Dept of Mass Communication started offering Ph.D. Programs. The affiliation of the Population and Development Studies Center moved from the College of Liberal Arts and Sciences to the CSS. Institute of Social Sciences was established.
1977 Ph.D. Program in Geography was launched.  
1979 Dept of Social Work was renamed as the Dept of Social Welfare.  
1980s
1982 Ph.D. Program in Anthropology was founded. The status of the Institute of Mass Communication, which was originally a research institute under the CSS, was promoted to a research institute directly supervised by the University.
1984 Dept of Trade was renamed as the Dept of International Economics  
1985 The Graduate program in Trade was renamed as the GraduateProgram in International Economics.  
1986   The Institute of Korean Political Studies was established.
1990s
1990   The Institute for Korean Regional Studies,the Institute of Social Welfare, the Institute of Comparative Culture, and the Institute of International Economics were founded.
1991   The Institute of Psychological Science was established.
1994   The Institute of Mass Communication was renamedas the Institute of Communication Research.
1995 The CSS moved to building no. 16 within the Kwanak campus The Social Sciences Library opened.
- Dept of Economics and Dept of International Economics were integrated into the School of Economics. The Institute of Population and Development was renamed asthe Institute for Social Development and Policy Research.
1997 The Dept of Mass Communication was renamed as the Dept of Communication.  
The CSS is now comprised of eight departments and one school. The CSS includes: Departments of Politics, International Relations, Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Geography, Social Welfare, Communications, and the School of Economics. The Center for Social Sciences was established as the Institute of Social Sciences. The Institute of Korean Political Studies, the Institute of World Economy, the Institute for Cross-CulturalStudies, and the Institute of Social Welfare were incorporated into the Institute of Social Sciences.
1999 Program in Gender Studies was established. The Institute of Korean Political Studies and the Institute for Korean Regional Studies were incorporated into the Institute of Social Sciences.
2000s
2001   The Institute for Gender Research was launched.
The Institute for Social Development and Policy Research and the Institute for Korean Regional Studies were separated from the Center for Social Sciences.
2002 Information and Culture Technology Studies was founded.  
Program in Gender Studies installed its Ph.D. program.  
2004   Institute of Chinese Studies was established as an affiliated research institute of the Institute of SocialSciences.
2009 The provision on Seoul National University Asia Center (SNUAC) was publicized.  
2010s
2010 Dept of Political Science and Dept of International Relations were integrated into the Dept of Political Science and International Relations .  
  Sinyang Ⅲ building constructed.  
2011 Seoul National University changed its legal status from a government organization to an incorporated university law.  
2013   Seoul National University Asia Center(SNUAC) building constructed.
2014 Building IBK Communication Center constructed.  
2015   The Institute of Psychological Sciences and Center for Happiness Studies were incorporated into the Institute of Social Sciences.

수정요청

현재 페이지에 대한 의견이나 수정요청을 관리자에게 보내실 수 있습니다.
아래의 빈 칸에 내용을 간단히 작성해주세요.

닫기